Why should you care?
- Three out of four youth shop in convenience stores at least once a week
- 33% of all youth experimentation with smoking can be directly linked to tobacco advertising and other promotional activities.
- Young people are 3-times more vulnerable to advertising than adults.
- Tobacco point of purchase advertising gives the impression that tobacco products are easily accessable.
- Each day - more than 4000 kids try smoking for the first time while another 2000 kids become addicted smokers.
- 85% of kids prefer Marlboro, Camel and Newport - 3 of the most heavily marketed brands.
- Cigarette walls that are exposed to customers encourage impulse buying. This makes it difficult for people attempting to quit.
What you can do and how we can help